Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

My New Challenge

It's official, as of last night I am committed to and registered for the PF Chang Rockin Roll Marathon held in Jan. You might ask why I am doing something so insane...

Well WHY NOT!!!!

I will be turning 38 next week years old next week - God has blessed me with strong working limbs - I love a challenge - and I can raise money for a charity that I feel very passionate about - all sound like good reasons to me to put my body through hell!!!

More importantly, this is something I can do for me!! I have been so focused on getting pregnant, keeping the pregnancy, and raising Sydney for so long that I really haven't had anything of my own. I have always been a very competitive person and a goal sitter. Fortunately, through hard work and perseverance, I have achieved many of my big goals in life. So, I think training and preparing for a marathon sounds like just what I need at this stage in my life!!!

Also, I believe by sharing this experience with Sydney, I am serving as a positive role model for her. I want her to grow up understanding how important it is to take care of our bodies and the importance of health and hard work. The charity I am running for is Team Chances - a nonprofit organization with a mission of ending childhood obesity!! What a great concept!!!

Wish me luck!!!

No comments: