Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 30, 2010

Mmmm, Yummy!!

So Sweetie and I were driving to drop off some supplements to a friend and we drove by the place where I had to get 3D ultra sounds done when I was pregnant. As we passed the building we had the following conversation:

Me: "Sweetie, thats the place Mommy used to go to get pictures of you when you were in my belly."

She thought about that long and hard and said, "Mommy, I wasn't in your belly. I am right here."

Me: "Yes, before you were born, you were in my belly."

Sweetie: "I was in your belly when I was a baby?"

Me: "Yep, before you were born."

She was quiet for a long time and then in a very anxious voice said:

"Mommy, you mean you ate me and I was in your belly? Mommy, why did you eat me!!"

At this point I was crying I was laughing so hard but had to quickly pull it together and change the story around a little bit so she doesn't go around telling people that I eat her!!!

I get such a kick out of the way a 3 year old mind works...they take everything literally!! Can you imagine the horror she felt when she thought I ate her and she was in my belly!! Poor thing:)

No comments: