Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sydney Stories

A couple of nights ago, as Sydney and I were completing our bedtime rituals, I picked up the book, "Brown Bear Brown Bear..." to read to Sydney for her bedtime story. I got her all tucked into her big girl bed and layed down next to her. I opened the book and began to read. She quickly stopped me and told me she could do it herself. I laughed and said, "ok" thinking to myself, "this will be interesting!" To my complete surprise, she read me the entire book!! Now, I know she cannot read yet, but I am in complete dismay that she has the entire book memorized!! Guess it's time to get some new books!!

A new behavior that Sydney has started is quite interesting to say the least!! When I or Greg am not around, she will ask the adult she is with to do something that she knows Mommy or Daddy doesn't allow. In her words, "Can I have ___. My Mommy/Daddy always lets me!!" That little stinker!! I know have to warn people when I leave her with a sitter that she does this! Manipulating at 3 - oh boy, we are in trouble!!

It is November, which mean Nana & Paps are back in Arizona!! We are so excited that we get to spend some time with them again!! Sydney is beside herself every time she hears that we are going to see them. We are blessed to have them with us!!

No comments: