Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sydney's First Prayer

A very cute story to share with you all... For quite some time now, Greg and I have been praying with Sydney before dinner and (sometimes) bedtime. Nothing fancy, just enough to say thank you for all of our blessings. Sydney also has prayer time at school two times - 1st when class starts & 2nd right before snack time. She also learns about prayer during Sunday School and while I am at my Women's Ministry. Because she has all of this experience with prayer, we tried something different for our dinner prayer last night. As we held hands and Greg began to pray, I interrupted him and looked at Sydney and asked her to say our prayer tonight - and she did - all by herself!! It was the most beautiful prayer I have ever heard!!! "Dear God, thank you for our food, our family..." she then proceeded to give thanks for her individual toys!!! I was sooooo proud of her:)

No comments: