Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Little Helper

"Miss Independent" frequently now says, "I wanna help". So, I have been giving her more and more "chores" to help Mommy out. She now helps me load and unload clothes for the washer and dryer. Of course, she doesn't understand the folding concept yet and it can get quite frustrating when I fold the clothes, put them in the basket and then turn my back for a moment - only to find my folded clothes no longer folded or even in the basket anymore!!! We need to work on that!

She also loves to help "unload" the dishwasher. I let her grab the plastic container and hand them to me to put away. This can be very time consuming!! She also figured out the whole garbage thing too. Yesterday was quite the day because she wanted to throw everything away. I didn't realize she was doing this until I went to throw something away and noticed the calculator and the telephone in the garbage!!!

Yesterday, in order to get a few minutes to clean the kitchen, I took out all of the plastic containers and lids and asked Sydney to "please help Mommy" by putting all of the dishes away. She was so thrilled to be able to do this project all on her own. Needless to say, by the time all was said and done, I had to rinse all of the containers out!!

I thoroughly enjoy teaching Sydney new tasks and watching her practice her new skills; however, the more she learns and practices - the more chores I end up doing!!!! But you know what...I wouldn't change a thing about it!!!

1 comment:

aunt p. said...

Ahhhh mommy........what a sweet lil helper you have! The calculator and phone in the garbage is hysterical!!! 28 more days till summer vacation......... love ya, aunt p.