Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Updates

My little "Miss Independent" continues to want to do almost EVERYTHING herself! Especially when it comes to buckling her into her car seat! I have learned a little trick on how to make this event less frustrating for us all...I don't latch the buckle over her chest until we are all situated and ready to go. During this time I let her play around with the chest buckle and at the very end I snap it shut and say, "hooray...you did it all by yourself"!! She gets very pleased with this cheer and we can move on! She also is wanting to pick out and dress herself already!! What am I in for - she is only 20 months old!!!

Sydney continues to be so loving and affectionate - of course I mean when she's not demanding to "I do it myself"!!! She gives us lots of hugs and kisses and says, "I love you" frequently. I LOVE it when she says this - it's a reminder of how special our bond is with her. She is also becoming more affectionate with her stuffed animals and with her new baby that Nana bought her. Speaking of her baby, we got out some of her 0-3 month old clothes and slippers to put on the baby. At first she loved changing the baby and "wrapping" her baby in the blanket. But then she realized that the baby was getting some of our attention and she immediately regressed some. She demanded that Daddy put the onsie on her and wrap her in the blanket and rock her. I really wish I would have gotten it on camera because it was just priceless!! She is definitely a Leo - she demands to be the center of attention! Oh boy!

So much to write - but no time left. My goal is to post on the blog at least 3 times a week. We'll see....

No comments: