Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 11, 2009

"Every Little Thing, is Going to be Alright"

Hopefully, tomorrow I will have some extra time and I will post some recent pictures of Sydney. For now, I just wanted to share a very cute little story...

This morning, we had to go to a funeral. Our friends Mother died. Very sad. We left early for the funeral because it was a distance away. I printed directions from Mapquest ahead of time - trying to be prepared. Well, the directions we got were not accurate and we ended up somewhere else. Of course, we were getting frustrated because we both realized that now we were going to be late for the funeral. Sydney, bless her heart, was in the backseat observing and listening to us. Needless to say, one of us doesn't mask frustrations too well...Sydney totally picked up on this and all of a sudden started singing the song that goes like this:

"Don't worry, 'bout a thing, every little thing, is going to be alright!!"
(Theme song from Shark Tails)

I had to laugh. I pointed out to Greg what she was singing and then I started singing it with her. She was right...even though we were running late, "every little thing was going to be alright!" Our 23 month old daughter was thinking more rationally than us!!!

She amazes me!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before you said it was the theme to Shark Tails, I was thinking, boy she's already into Bob Marley.

paul