Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Note to Self:
When out and about with Sweetie, whether at a store or restaurant, etc., and the nice person serving you asks you if your cute daughter can have a balloon...STOP & THINK...don't give in to the temptation of how excited your Sweetie will be when she sees her bright balloon and how much fun she will have running around in the family room with it when we get home...Cuz guess what...first you gotta get the balloon home in one piece!!!

OMG, Sydney was so excited to get a balloon today at Trader Joes. We got to the car and she wanted to hold it but I could see that it wasn't going to work because she was squeezing it so tightly that it was ready to pop and I didn't need a huge balloon popping in the car and scaring the holy crap out of me while I was driving. So, I tied it to the front seat where she could still see it and interact with it some. Keep in mind that it was like 110 degrees out and my car was silly hot - and I still had to load her into her hot seat, put the groceries in the car and get myself in. Can we say "sweaty mess"!! Needless to say, Sweetie wasn't happy that she couldn't hold her balloon and thru a fit the whole way home. So, for 15-20 minutes, I had the pleasure of sitting in a ridiculously hot car, in Arizona rush hour traffic, listening to the dramatic crying and screaming from my Sweetie. As we pulled into the driveway, she stopped screaming at me and said very calmly, "I feel better now" and that was that!! Like nothing ever happened!! As I pulled my white knuckled hands off the steering wheel and unloaded the car in my 200 degree garage, I looked into the laundry room and saw Sweetie holding her balloon and smiling...as if nothing ever happened!! Two thoughts came to my mind:
1st thought - "Why didn't I buy some wine at the store"
2nd thought - "I have the most amazing little girl ever"!!

No comments: