Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mommy's 1st Trip Away!!

My trip to San Diego for the Rock n Roll Half Marathon was good! It was difficult being away from Sydney for so long and it was also difficult being away from Greg. The trip really helped me get out of a funk that I had been in and to come home feeling much more appreciative for what I have at home! Thank you to my wonderful husband for supporting the trip, even though financially, it probably wasn't the best time to go. And thank you to Aunt Peggy and Uncle Michael for babysitting Sydney on Sunday while Greg was at work. It was a big treat for Sydney to spend 2 Sundays in a row with you!!!

The 13.1 miles in San Diego were beautiful! I ran the entire run with my friend Jamie. The last 13.1 I did in Jan., I was so focused on the pace and time that I really didn't get to appreciate the run. Because this was more of a fun run, I didn't put in as much training and didn't have to push myself as hard. The humidity affected us much more than we thought it would but we were fine - we just poured a lot of water over our heads as we ran!! My asthma didn't kick in until mile 11 but Jamie did an awesome job at pushing me and I was able to finish without the inhaler. I did however, have to stop right past the finish line and take a puff. With in seconds, I could breath again!! We had lots of laughs over the weekend and were pretty silly at times - all things I really needed! Now I am back at home and recharged and ready for summer!!

This morning, I took Sydney out front to water some potted plants. They are looking pretty rough due to the heat, so I decided to add a little plant food to the water. Sydney wanted to help but I explained to her that I didn't want the plant food to get on her because it could make her sick. She said, "OK Mommy...Mommy, what will the plant food do if I touch it? Will it turn me into a plant?" I stopped in my tracks and just had to smile and laugh. Man I love her!!!!

No comments: