Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Beauty and the Beast

I took Sydney to see a special showing of Beauty and The Beast today!!! I was so excited for her to see this movie. Disney vaulted it along time ago and it hasn't been for sale or rent. Each time she saw a preview for it she would get so excited and say she wanted to see it!! So they are re-releasing it on Oct. 5th for a short time and to market it, they had only 2 showings of it this week!! And, to top it off, it was a sing-a-long!! Very cute!! She loved the movie and is now begging me to buy it!!

WARNING:
The rest of this posting might be somewhat disturbing for some to read, especially Nana!! It has to do with Sweet Sydney's NOT SO SWEET ALTER-EGO!!

Whoever came up with the saying, "Terrible Two's" NEVER parented a three year old yet!! OMG, Sydney had the worst temper tantrum EVER yesterday!! And to top it off, Greg is out of town on a golf trip - so there was no break for me in the near future!! She ended up spitting at me, sticking out her tongue & pulling my hair - while screaming and crying and giving me the evil eye!! I couldn't believe it!! I was mortified!! Usually a time out will calm her down, but nothing was working. So, I did the only other thing I could think of in my state of shock...I warned her that if she spit, hit, or stuck her tongue out at me again, I was going to put some soap in her mouth. Well, she did it again!! I had to follow through with my threat so I put a pea size drop of soap on my finger and placed it inside her mouth!! OMG, if looks could kill!! She was NOT happy. I explained again why I was giving her this consequence. Unfortunately, she didn't get it the first time and we had to do it again. She finally calmed down and ended up falling asleep on the sofa from exhaustion!!

Now, what I didn't tell you is that while all of this chaos was going on, I was trying to cook 3 full meals of baked rigatoni, salad and garlic bread for two families from my MOMs group who just had babies (and one for us) and get it to them by 5pm!! After cooking and and packing it up nicely for them, I still had to drive 20 minutes to deliver it to them!! Here I was trying to do something nice for two other families and this was happening!! Karma was NOT on my side!!

Today has been better but still, lots of battles!! Hoping this phase goes by quickly!!

No comments: