Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Freedom!!!

I had my postnatal exam yesterday (my doctor completes them at 4 weeks instead of 6 weeks). Everything is healed well. I have lost over 30 pounds already and only have 9 more to go to reach my prepregnancy weight. Although, I may shoot for 11! Much of that weight was water and of course, I am sure breastfeeding has helped. She gave me the okay to start working out again and to take a hot bath. Many of you already know that my best stress reducer activity has always been to soak in a hot tub and read. Well, I haven't been able to do that for over 11 months now, almost a year and it's been so hard. So, I was very excited when my doctor gave me the okay yesterday. I was so looking forward to giving Sydney her bath and then putting her to sleep and then taking my hot bath. Well...I was so damn tired by the time we gave Sydney her bath that I went straight to sleep!!! She slept from 9-1 am and then 1:30-5:45am. We then got up, ate, got pooped on, barfed on, and then went back to bed and cuddled until 8am. Very cute!!

I pumped yesterday and left a bottle for Daddy while I went to the doctor and then to get groceries. Sydney would not take a bottle from me earlier this week but she did take the bottle from Daddy yesterday while I was gone. Michelle, you were right when you said that babies will sometimes take the bottle from Daddy rather than Mommy. So, I will pump some more today for Daddy and Sydney so Mommy can go to the eye doctor and to the mall...freedom!!

Greg took over a lot yesterday in regards to Sydney and gave Mommy some breathing space. I got a front carrier for him to use and they both loved it. This morning when Greg and I talked about Sydney, he relayed to me that he now realizes how much work it is to take care of her all day. He wasn't able to shower or eat a full meal. His back and body were sore from carrying her around all day, and he made the comment that he will never call me from work after 6pm again. Why, you ask? Well, starting around 6pm until bedtime, Sydney gets very fussy. I think up until yesterday Daddy didn't quite understand why I was so anxious for him to get home at 9pm and why I was so quick to hand Sydney over to him when he walked into the door. After last night, he fully understands.

Parenting is definitely a two parent job. I have always appreciated my mother and always let her know that by doing special things for her; but now, I have a whole deeper appreciation for her because she raised my sister and I alone. Mom, you are and always will be my inspiration.

No comments: