Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, November 5, 2007

Long Overdue Updates

I actually started this post on November 5th!!! Life just gets away from me and with limited time, blogging isn't high on the priority list!!


November 5th:
Busy, busy, busy as usual! Last Thursday, I took Sydney to our store and we spent the day helping daddy at work. On Friday, we had to again prepare the house for another open house. On Sat. my in-laws arrived in Arizona for the winter. We are very excited to have Nana and Pap here. Sydney only has one set of Grandparents and I want her be able to have a close bond with them. It has brought me much joy to watch her interact with them.

Today was a "first" for us...Mommy's first time leaving Sydney with someone other than Daddy! Nana came over to babysit for a short time while Mommy went to the grocery store. It felt strange leaving her but I felt comfortable leaving her with Nana since Nana is so good with her other grandchildren. I actually got to go through the store and get everything I needed instead of rushing and forgetting half my of the items on my list! And, even more exciting, when I got home, Nana held Sydney while I was able to actually chop veggies and make a salad for lunch. Healthy lunches like this are not an option when it's just me and Sydney!!


November 13th:
Sydney is 3 months old today!!! It seems so much longer than that to me! Let's see, what has happened since the 5th? Sydney's sleeping patterns changed again...we got so spoiled when she was sleeping 7-8 hours at a time. She is now, for some reason, waking 2 times a night. I think it might be because on Friday-Sunday she didn't get her long naps in because we were so busy with open houses and visiting with family at Nana and Pap's house. She did get her naps in yesterday and consequently slept much better last night. We will see how tonight goes.


As far as her day sleeping, I was successfully able to put her down in her pak-n-play for a few days but she went back to her old pattern of wanting to be held for naps. I really don't mind doing this anymore because I enjoy the downtime and watching her sleep.

Lastly, Sydney is becoming quite the chatter box and has the cutest high pitch screech! She has also began copying certain things I do which had Nana in tears on Saturday! She continues to grow and amaze me everyday! I will try to get 3 month pictures taken soon!


I will try to be more consistent with my entries, but I can't promise!!

No comments: