Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Night Out

Greg and I had our 2nd night out last night. Nana came over to babysit while Mommy and Daddy went to a wedding. It was really the first time I have dressed up in probably over a year or more. I felt so awkward in a dress, heels, and jewelry! And to think, I used to dress up every weekend before I was pregnant and Sydney arrived!

The wedding was very small and intimate, outside by a beautiful little lake with ducks and all. Speaking of ducks, one of the ducks apparently wanted a little attention and became quite loud during the ceremony. It started to become a little aggressive and approached all of us. I ended up having a little laugh attack because I thought the duck was going to attack Jamie and I. Any ways, the ceremony was short and sweet and the bride was beautiful. We then went inside for the reception. I had to leave before the food was served to come home and nurse and put Sydney to sleep (since she still will not take a bottle!!!) and then go back to the wedding reception. When I returned to the reception, they were kind enough to serve Greg and I our food. I stayed for a couple glasses of wine and then returned home to relive Nana of her Sydney duties! Daddy on the other hand stayed out quite late (I am sure he will regret this when he wakes up today)! Sydney has been doing so well with sleeping through the night, but wouldn't you know...the night that Mommy stays up later, Sydney decides to get up numerous times throughout the night and then wake up at 5:30am!!! Needless to say, I am very tired this morning and will definitely be taking a nap when daddy wakes up!!

All in all, our first night out with friends was good. At first I felt a little envious that I couldn't go out with everyone after the wedding as Daddy did, but once I was up with my little one this morning, playing with her and getting all of her precious hugs, I realized, this is what is most important to me right now and a late night out with friends can wait!!!

I really love being Sydney's Mommy!!!

No comments: