Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

9 Month Checkup!!

We had Sydney's 9 month checkup yesterday - and NO shots!!! I was very happy to hear that. For some reason, I thought she was to get shots so I was prepared myself for a long day.

Everything is going very good with her growth and health.
Her measurements are:
20.6 lbs - 78% (gained 3 lbs in 3 months)
29" - 83% (grew 2" in 3 months)
Head Circum.: 44.5 - 60%

As you can see, the flat head the previous doctor was concerned about is no longer an issue as she went from the 30th percentile to the 60th percentile in the last three months since she has learned to sit, roll over, and now sleeps on her belly. I am so glad that I went with my Mother's intuition on this one and didn't go with a helmet. As I have said before, I am not against the helmet and I know it has been successful for many children with ongoing conditions; Sydney, however, didn't have a condition, she was just stubborn and wouldn't sleep in any position but her back.

I left the doctors office feeling pretty proud of my Mommy work thus far... she is healthy, very happy, and growing like a weed. She is meeting all of her milestones in a timely matter and is the joy of my life. I have to admit, it took me awhile to grasp this Mommy role. At times I felt so lost and really questioned my abilities. Sometimes, I even felt trapped - especially when it came to the fact that Sydney will not take a bottle. Everything happens for a reason though, and now as I look back, I am so proud of myself for sticking with breast feeding as long as I have. It's a full time commitment to breast feed. I have to still eat certain foods that I may not want to eat and I still cannot eat or drink several foods or cocktails. I cannot take many medications, I still have to wear the ugly, uncomfortable nursing bras to bed and deal with the throbbing breasts. I have to wear 2 sports bras and a tank top just to work out - which makes breathing difficult!! Also, remember, Sydney has 5 sharp teeth... need I say more!! I could go on and on but I try not to focus on those negatives anymore. In the end, I know I did what was best for Sydney and our family and we now have such a joyful, healthy baby who will soon be turning 1!!!

On a side note, something very scary happened on Wed. I had our carpets cleaned (since Sydney is starting to crawl around so much) and they were wet as I was going up the stairs holding Sydney. I lost my footing and fell. All I could think about while this was happening was keeping Sydney safe, so I did everything I could to break her fall. My feet totally came up from under me and I twisted my back so when we landed, Sydney was on my stomach. I am happy to say that Sydney was fine. I wish I could say the same for me. I really tweaked my back, hips and neck and am still feeling it. Because I am breast feeding, I cannot really do much for the pain except take a small dose of Ibuprofen. I am hoping to get into a Chirop. to straighten my back by Monday!! I just want to get out of this house with all of these stairs and into a one story home!! Please everyone, send positive thoughts our way!!!

No comments: