Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Updates

My poor Sydney and my poor heart...

As I posted last, up until a couple days ago, Sydney was doing so well with nap times and bed times. I'd feed her and put her in her crib half sleeping and she'd snuggle in and fall asleep right away. NOT the case right now. She now wants me to hold and rock her the whole time she sleeps. I would so much love to do this, sometimes, but realize that I cannot fall into this trap or she will expect it all of the time. It's breaking my heart though because she cries and cries and calls out "Mama" after I say "night-night" and leave the room. I haven't changed anything as far as her surroundings or sound machine...it's just she is becoming so much more attached to me. Obviously I love that she is becoming so attached to me and affectionate with me but I know it's best for her if I just stick with it until she learns to like her crib again and can fall asleep on her own. Man - this is heart breaking!!!

On a lighter note, Sydney is crawling all around now. She LOVES to crawl after Zoey, our smaller dog, however; Zoey is not too fond of this new interest yet. I think in time they will be good buddies. Ziggy, on the other hand, we are training to stay away from Sydney because he is grumpy most of the time. It's interesting though because if she cries, Ziggy goes right up to her to make sure she is ok. As soon as he investigates the situation, he then walks away satisfied that she is fine. Very cute to watch. And of course, Sydney smiles from cheek to cheek anytime the dogs give her attention.

Sydney has also become so much more affectionate. She loves to have cuddle time after her naps and she loves to give kisses during playtime. I am finding that she is also quite the comedian. She will do something she remembers that we have laughed at in the past, and then she will giggle this fake laugh - it's quite funny! So, of course, I laugh and this makes her laugh and soon, Mommy is in tears laughing! The other day I was breast feeding her and I sneezed. Well, this made her laugh and because she was latched on, she made a funny blowing noise, which made me laugh, which made her laugh, which made me laugh, which made her laugh, which made Daddy laugh....a priceless moment!

Well, our camera still isn't working well so I don't have any pictures to post. Just know that our little one is doing well and is a very joyful baby!

No comments: