Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Updates

I am glad to say, despite my bad day on Sunday, Greg had an awesome Father's day!! He got to be with Sydney from the time she woke up until the time she went to bed. It was really the first day he has taken care of her the whole day by himself.

I was bed ridden:(

I fed Sydney Sat. night before bed and mentioned to Greg that my breast hurt. At 1:30am, I woke up with a sore breast and a terrible headache and neck ache. By morning, I was in terrible pain. Every joint in my body, from my fingers to my toes, felt as though it were being crushed. It hurt to walk, sit or stand. My head felt like a migraine, my neck an shoulders were a mess, I seriously felt like I was hit by a semi truck!! I tried to pull it together and we took Greg out for breakfast. We came home, I put Sydney down for a nap and then fell asleep. I woke up an hour later and felt worse. I took a shower and felt worse. I had horrible chills and it was over 100 degrees out. So, I went to urgent care. I told the doctor my symptoms. I had a fever. He said I had a virus and sent me home to rest. I got worse throughout the day, the pain in my whole body, including my breast was horrible! And, I still had to breastfeed! Monday, I woke up and didn't have the pain in my joints or muscles anymore but my breast still hurt, I was sooooo tired, my body felt so week, and I felt nausea at times. Today, I went to the doctor - and as expected - I have mastitis - a breast infection caused by a blocked milk duct. So, I have started meds and should be feeling better soon. I thought that this infection only happened to women in the early months of breastfeeding...SURPRISE!!!

It was so cute listening to Greg and Sydney interacting downstairs on Father' Day. At one point, I came downstairs to get something and saw that they had every single toy and every piece of baby equipment scattered about the family room floor and kitchen!! What a mess - but they were having fun!!

Sydney had her first big fall yesterday. She crawled to the steps, stood up and crawled up one step (as if she had done it a hundred times - when actually, it was her first time), looked back at me and fell down the step head/neck first. Lots of tears and even a few from Mommy!! After lots of kisses and hugs, everything was back to normal and she was once again on the go - although, she hasn't gone back to the steps again!

No comments: