Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Miss Bossy!!

I was so excited to come into work today...Greg has been very busy with projects and work, so I have been pretty much on my own with Sydney since Mother's Day. Now, I know what some moms are going to say when they read that last statement, "You should be so lucky to spend so much time with your child." and of course, I do feel lucky to be able to spend so much time with my child! However, I can only play for so long before I feel like a complete blob of nothingness! I think only a stay at home Mom would understand what that statement means!! So, today I am at work and all I can do is think about Sydney!!!

She is so active now (well, she always has been)! I am constantly trying to rack my brain to come up with things for us to do to keep her stimulated. Every since we went to the My Little Gym place on Sat., she wants to climb everything! I was cooking dinner last night and I looked down into the living room to see what she was doing thinking she was watching her Jungle movie. Nope...she had climbed up to the back of the chair and was sitting backwards on it looking out the sliding glass doors, watching Daddy mess around with the pool! Sometimes I feel guilty that she is the only child (Jordan is already out of the home) and doesn't have anyone to play with besides me. I know it would be more fun for her to have another little one around BUT I just really don't want to do it all again knowing what we had to go thru to have Sydney. So, we will just have to find other activities and kids to play with. We belong to two Mom groups and we have the gym daycare. Plus, I take her to other free activities in the community such as the library and Mall events. And now we will have the pool to swim in!!

Sydney says the most funniest things everyday. We really just have no idea what will come out of her mouth next. For instance, yesterday we were playing with her Mr. Potato Head and she put on the little yellow glasses and looked up at me and said, "Look Mommy, I'm a movie star!!" I totally cracked up laughing! What a stinker! She is also starting to get bossy. We were coming downstairs yesterday and I held my hand out to assist her. She pushed it away and said, "No, go away! I do it all by myself!" I wasn't too thrilled about that one!

Tomorrow morning we are going to a splash park with one of our play groups. Should be fun to see her play with the other kids. I will try and get some pictures for the blog.

No comments: