Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Busy Weekend

Sydney had a fun filled past weekend! We went to Addison's 3rd birthday party!! If you will remember, Addison is her best buddy - and Addison's Mom and I are best buddies also:) So cute when we got to the party and the girls saw each other - they run up to each other and hugged. We then went to their house after the party and the girls played until almost 9:30pm! Well, you all know what happens when I put Sweetie to bed late...she wakes up even earlier!! So, we went to bed late and were up before 6am!! Daddy had to work so after my run, Sydney and I went to church. Now that Sweetie is 3, she was moved to the 3 year old's room and she now has Sunday School!! They had a lesson plan that included a video and a coloring project. When I walked in to pick her up, she was the only child that didn't want to go!! To top that off, she has bruises all over her legs from getting in and out of our hot tub so I was totally embarrassed!! I am sure it looked questionable!! Oh well, kids will be kids:) We then went back to Addison's house for a pool party!! The girls played hard and by 5:30pm, Sydney was completely done! We packed up and headed for home - had ice cream, showered and she was in bed by 7pm!!

We stayed home most of Monday and Sydney watched videos - she was still so tired out from the weekend. She didn't resist at all for nap time or bedtime. In fact, at 7:45pm, she asked me if it was bedtime yet!!! Before going to bed, I helped her get her new babies ready for bed and we put them in the knew baby pak n play and tucked them in. Sydney then sang to her babies, "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" like Mommy does. It was so cute!! Then off to bed.

We are getting very excited about our Minnesota trip. Sydney talks about it all of the time! She is thrilled to go see her Nana and Paps and to go on the airplane. I am also very excited because she is at the perfect age for the trip!! I can't wait for her to see and play with all of her cousins and to see her Grandmother. I really don't miss living in Minnesota but I do really miss not being around our family and spending quality time with them. Despite the stressful childhood I had growing up in Mankato, I still do have some wonderful memories of places and people who have left a positive imprint in my life and I wish I could share more of those places with Sydney. Someday:)

No comments: