Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Wow, Life Passes Quickly

Unbelievable!!! I cannot believe how long it has been since I have posted on the blog!! Things have just been crazy for us, in many ways, and with so much going on, I had to put a few things on hold!! But, I am back and feeling like I can breath again:)

So much has happened in the last month: We went to Minnesota for our annual summer trip; We've had several outings with our MOM's group; My birthday; two kid birthday parties; Emptying, painting, and remodeling Sydney's new Pink Room; And, Sydney started some classes!! Wew, makes me a little tired just thinking of it all again!!

I will do a separate post of our Minnesota trip due to all of the pictures. For now, I will give you all a quick update as to the events above:

We are still very involved in our MOM's group. We do something with them about 3 times a month. Last week we took the kiddos to a place called Jump Street. In a nutshell, it's an indoor facility with built in trampolines!! Sydney LOVED it!! I tried jumping with her but she fell and landed on her face and got mad at me - oopsie!! She got over it and I thoroughly enjoyed watching her play!!

Because we decided to hold off on preschool for a bit longer, I decided to get Sydney involved in more classes with Phoenix Parks and Recreation. She is now in a Sports class on Tuesdays - which her Daddy takes her to - and she is also in an Art class which I take her to on Wed.'s. Both classes are set up where we drop her off and she's with with the teachers. I LOVE this!! It's a great stepping stone for the next step - preschool (next year). I also love it because Sydney has an opportunity to learn from someone else and to interact with children her own age in a classroom setting (art class). And, I'll admit, I also love it because I get almost an hour where I can sit quietly and read while she is learning!!!

Sydney and I have been very consistent with our new church. I really, really like it - all of the sermons have really touched me personally and I leave feeling renewed and empowered. Sydney LOVES going to "Church School" (that is what she calls Sunday school) and learning about "Cheeses" (that is what she calls Jesus)!!! They review a lesson plan, do a craft and then play. I feel really good about my choice to bring Christianity into our lives. I often think of my Mom and how proud she would be of me for this choice and for introducing Christianity into Sydney's life. Unfortunately, Greg works a lot of Sundays and cannot go with us much - but that will change one day and this will then become a family ritual.

Along with going to church, I decided to join "Kate's Cup" at the church. It is a Women's Ministry for Mom's only. We meet every Thursday for 2 hours in the morning. The kids are in child care during the 2 hours (the same place she goes for "Church School"). Each Thursday there is a buffet, a motivational speaker, small groups, and prayer. It's very inspiring and empowering and I look forward to it each week.

Many of you know that we have been planning and working on Sydney's room for a few months now. We finally got the painting done (was hard to get done due to work schedule) and we now have a very pink room. We emptied out what used to be Jordan's room and painted it pink and put in a twin bed, her dresser, and some other things that I have purchased. Sydney has been so excited to sleep in her big girl bed. She talked about it everyday!! We finally let her sleep in it on Sunday night. She went to sleep right away. Unfortunately, she woke up three times throughout the night and finally ended up coming in our room about 4am. The next day (yesterday) she announced that she did not like her new bedroom. When it was time for a nap, we walked upstairs and into her pink room. She got very animated and said she was not going to sleep in the big girl bed. She then went into her green room and crawled right into her crib!!! Poor thing is so confused. She fell right to sleep in her crib!! Later that night, at bedtime, she announced that she would not be sleeping her her big girl bed. I suggested that we move the crib into the pink room. She flipped out and said no. She said she "LOVED" her green room and that she never wanted to go into the pink room again!! She got into her crib, I covered her with her green blankie and she let out a big sigh with a big smile and said, "I love my crib!" She went right to sleep and slept all night!! When I got her from her crib this morning she said, "I told you I sleep in my crib!!" So, the pink room will sit empty for bit longer...

Minnesota trip pictures coming soon...

No comments: