Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Elmo Sighting

Do I dare say it and jinx it??? For the past week and a half, Sydney has been taking 2 hour naps!!! I can actually take a shower AND get something else done!! It's funny because some of the Moms from the Mom groups that I belong to said that would happen. LOVING IT!!!

We had a fun day yesterday. I took Sydney to an open house at a My Little Gym close by our home. She had a blast playing on all of the equipment and I loved it because it was all child proofed and padded. We were there for over an hour and she did not stop running and climbing the entire time! But the most exciting part of the experience was when Elmo came out to dance & sing with all of the children. I wish I would have had a camera with to capture her face when she saw Elmo for the first time. Her first words were, "Mommy, wook, it's Elmo!" After we were all done singing and dancing, I took her over and sat her on Elmo's lap. She was afraid so I didn't leave her for long but I wanted her to at least have the experience. We talked about it all day!!

I'd love to sign her up for a membership to take classes there but it's way too expensive! I guess I will have to research some other locations in the valley because the concept is so cool - especially since it's so hot here in the summer and we can't play outside. I like the idea of these type of classes for her because it allows her to develop her fine motor skills and coordination along with interaction with other children her age in a safe confined area.

No comments: