Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 9, 2007

A Blogging Newbe!!

Hi everyone,

Please be patient with me as I try and figure out how to set up and maintain my pregnancy blog. I decided to start this blog for two reasons. First, most of my family and friends live out of state and it will be a lot of work to contact each person individually throughout this pregnancy. Second, I think it will be wonderful to share with my child when she/he is older.
Most of our family and friends know that this is actually my third pregnancy. I had a miscarriage in October of 2005. I had another miscarriage in June of 2006. Choosing to try a third time was a very difficult decision. I actually tried to convince myself during the months of July and Augest of 2006 that I didn't even really want to have a child. It didn't work. In September of 2006 I went in for chromosome testing to see if there may be a medical reason as to why I had the two miscarriages. Thankfully, the results indicated that there was no medical reason for me to not be able to carry a child to full term. Therefore, we chose to try one more time.
I am happy and excited to report that we are now over 9 weeks pregnant!! This is the furthest I have carried. My first pregnancy was a blithed ovum and my second one ended around 5-6 weeks. We had our first ultra sound on December 22nd and saw our baby for the first time. We even saw and heard the heartbeat. It was a very emotional moment for us!! I went to my second doctors appointment on Jan. 8th and again heard the heartbeat!
We are both very positive about this pregnancy. I do my best not to focus on our past experiences, but honestly, some days are difficult. My doctor is wonderful. She said I can come in anytime I want to and we will listen to the baby's heartbeat together!!
At this pointl don't think I have allowed myself to truely "feel" this blessing of being pregnant. I have moments when I become teary eyed and imagine this little baby inside of me with it's own heartbeat and I think to myself, "I am going to be a mommy!" I can't wait!! I then have other moments when I become a little overwhelmed with having an infant!! I have no idea what I am suppose to do with an infant!!!!
Well, I think I have gone on enough for now. I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all very much.

1 comment:

stacy jo erdner said...

that made me almost cry, i had tears in my eyes reading about it. all i got to say is you will be an awesome mom cause you are an awesome aunt