Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Sacrifices Have Started!!

Having a child, I knew I would be making several sacrifices through the years, I just didn't think they would start so soon!!! My waist line (the one I have worked at keeping low for so long) is slowly disappearing. At 10 weeks pregnant, I can barely fit into my jeans. Even my fat jeans are being pushed to the limits. And, my flat cut stomach is no longer flat or cut!! All of these changes I knew would be coming. I just didn't think they would be coming so soon!
Another major change, which occurred yesterday, is my hair. My natural hair color, which many people have not even seen, is an ashy brown. For the past 9-10 years, I have had light brown and blond in my hair. Well, now that I am pregnant, Greg and I decided it would be safer for the baby if I just let my hair go back to it's natural color. My hair is growing too quickly and if I were to keep up with the blond, I would be at the hair salon every 4 weeks. This of course would be way too costly and way too many chemicals - not good for the baby. So, yesterday I had my hair done with brown low lights and I am now a dark brunette!! Every time I pass a mirror I freak myself out! I am not too excited about the look right now, but it was a sacrifice for my little one.
On a much lighter note, I have some very exciting news.... my good friend Jamie, here in Phoenix, just found out she is pregnant also!!!! She is around 1 week ahead of me. We are both very excited to be pregnant together. This will be her third child so she is a wonderful resource for me.

No comments: