Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Goodbye Grandpap...

Yesterday was a difficult day for the Wade family...
Grandpap passed.

I had the honor of knowing Grandpap for 11 years. He was always so kind to me and was so excited when Greg and I got married. Over the years, he often grabbed my hand or put his hand on my shoulder and said he was so happy that I married Greg and that I was so good to him. Although he wasn't a man of many words, he always found subtle ways to say what was on his mind. As the years passed and Grandpap aged, I always made sure to send little cards to him in Tuscon just to let him know we were thinking of him and that we loved him. He loved getting these cards and whenever I saw him he would make a point of thanking me. Last year when we found out we were pregnant he was so delighted. We had a little Birthday party for him at our house and I remember him patting my pregnant belly and smiling. I am so thankful that he got to meet Sydney. Up until the end, Sydney was able to bring him joy.

We will miss you Grandpap....

No comments: