Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Our Perfect Day

After a busy and stressful weekend, Sydney and I have been laying kind of low this week. Monday we stayed home all day and relaxed and played. Tuesday I went to work and today we went to the Zoo!!! It was a last minute decision and the 80 degree weather was perfect! Sydney held my hand and walked much of the way but I was able to get her to sit to eat!! We really had a great time. It was so nice to do something like this under our own time schedule without any stress. It was difficult to take pictures since I didn't have anyone else with us but I did manage to get a few...


Having a snack!!


They have added a Fisher Price Little People farm this year. It was so cool because Sydney actually has this Little People set at home and loves to play with it. She recognized the characters and the farm immediately!

It was so cute because she would run up to each Little People animal, stare at it for a moment, yell out what animal it was and then hug it.


She gave many hugs!!!


We spent a long time at the Little People farm!!! She cried when I carried her out. Although, she quickly got over it when she realized that I had carried her into a petting zoo!!

She got a kick out of the big turtles because they looked like the ones from her Nemo movie.

Here we are at the petting zoo. She was a little overwhelmed at first with all of the goats - she just stood in one place for a bit and checked everything out.


My Sweetie...





Video of the petting zoo. It was hard to keep up with her in the petting zoo because she kept wanting to pick up nasties...you get my drift!!!


Sydney loves giraffes. We watched them for a long time!







And this was our ride home!!!


On the way home I bought her some chalk for the driveway and she LOVES it. We ended our awesome day with some artwork of all the animals we saw at the zoo!

I had been feeling pretty down the last few days...just a lot on my mind. Taking Sydney to the zoo was just what I needed. It was a good reminder of how lucky I am to have her. I am so blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great day, I'm so jealous. Wished I lived closer so I could drop by and play with you guys.

paul

Sarah said...

Me to!!!!