Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

2010 Minnesota Trip!!

OK, so I am a month late at posting these pictures - at least it wasn't 2 months!! Here's the thing, we got a new camera right before Sydney's birthday and as most of you know, electronics and me take awhile to warm up to each other!! Also, it takes a long time to upload hi resolution pictures to the blog!! I usually don't have large chunks of uninterrupted time to do it. Today however, I brought my computer to work - and since I didn't have any big projects to complete at work - I could work on this!!

Our annual Minnesota trip was awesome!! Unfortunately, we couldn't stay long so there were people whom we couldn't see, which really bummed me out. But, we were grateful for the time we had and we have some wonderful memories to last a lifetime!!

Enjoy the pictures!!


Getting ready to board the airplane. Sydney was very excited!!


On our way to Minnesota!!

Family Fun!!


Sydney's mode of transportation through the Minneapolis airport!!

Ahhh, Minnesota sweet corn!! Our first night in Minnesota!!

Sydney, Lily & Ella playing with Polly Pockets. Sydney loved playing with her cousins!! It's been a month since we have seen them and she still talks about them almost everyday. She keeps asking me if her cousins can come over and play!! I so wished we lived closer to them.


Water slide fun at Nana & Paps!! Aunt Susan brought over a huge water slide for the kids to play on. Sydney loved it!! Each of the kids had some pretty nasty wipe outs on the bottom of the slide but didn't hesitate to get right back on and do it over and over and over...


Eating dinner with all of the cousins on Nana's deck.


So precious!!! Whenever I see Grandma and Sydney together, I can't help but to think of my Mom...

She loves her Grandma!!


Having her birthday cake with Grandpa Nick.


Abby, Karen, Grandpa Nick and Sydney:)


Enjoying her birthday cake.


It's almost gone...

I think she liked the ice cream cake!!


Our awesome family!!


Mommy's side of the family!!


Nana cleaning up the kitchen, laughing at us silly parents!!


The "Mommies" having a little adult fun at Nana & Paps!! Lots of laughs and silliness:)

Sweetie sitting with "grandma & grandpa" by the fireplace at Grandma Doris's house.

Sydney, Alex and Kai eating cake. Kai makes funny faces at the camera like Sydney used to, he he!!


Nikki with 2 of her beautiful daughters!! I have known Niki since I was in 5th grade.


Playing in Grandma's back yard by the garden. What a beautiful day. Brings back so many memories of when I used to play in Grandma's back yard as a child! I am 39 and they have lived in that house for 39 years!!


Picking berries for the birdies.


Sydney and Kai picking berries off of Grandma's tree.

This picture was taken at Grandma Doris's house. We all had our chairs in a circle in the backyard as the kids played. Sydney had her shoes in the middle of the circle. This dragonfly landed on her shoe and just hung out with us for awhile...I could feel my Mother's presence all around me. A very emotional moment for me.

Sydney and Kai playing in the garden dirt at Grandma Doris's house. They had dirt everywhere!! So, what better way to wash it off than to run through the sprinkler...


We did not have a swim suit with for Sydney to wear but I don't think she minded too much!!


Aww, to be a kid again!! Oh wait, I ran through it too, but I had to keep my clothes on!!


Soooo cute!! I wish we lived closer to Cory because I think Kai and Sydney would be best buddies.

We went to the Mall of America and spent the day at Nickelodeon Universe!! It was so much fun!! Its all in doors and the theme is based on all of her favorite shows!! She went on several rides by herself! It was a weekday so there were no lines...beautiful!!! Being here with Sydney brought a little bit of my inner child out also - it was a blast!!

Sydney and Daddy riding the little roller coaster - it was actually very fast!! Daddy was done with fast rides after this!! Ashely and myself went on the BIG roller coaster after this and had a blast!! I love roller coasters:) I think Sydney will also!!


Oh my gosh, this was by far her favorite ride!! I don't think Nana was so excited about it - it looked a little scary for the kiddos but they loved it and were not afraid at all. They get into this seat and they are secured down by the big green bar and then it shoots them way up and then drops them way down. I can't tell you how excited Sydney was - she was laughing so hard.


Sydney driving the Rugrats bumper cars all by herself!! She had so much fun!!

What kid doesn't love Dora & Boots!!


This ride made me a little nervous!! It was slow until it went around a corner - then it would whip her to the outside really fast!! Of course, she LOVED it!!


Driving a semi just like Grandpa Nick!!


Sydney was so excited to see the statues of the Backyardigans - one of her favorite shows to watch around dinner time every night while I am cooking!!

Meeting Sponge Bob Square Pants and Patrick!! Sydney was soooo excited!! Patrick was getting a little fresh with Mommy:)

She was so excited to hold Sponge Bob's hand!! How magical it must be as a child, watching a cartoon character on TV and then meeting them in person!! So awesome to share this experience with her.

Mommy, Daddy & Sweetie being silly!!


Cousins: Ashley, Will & Ben


Daddy being silly!! His head hit the top everytime it moved up!! This ride was more his speed, lol!!


Sydney loving it that her Daddy is being silly:)


Our little "Super Hero" playing out front at Nana's & Pap's house.


Watch out, she's on a serious mission!!


Off on another Super Hero mission...


At the airport in Minneapolis, getting ready to retun home.
Wish we would have had more time to see more people!! Living so far away from everyone is sometimes hard - feels like we need to make up for a year of not seeing each other in only a few days time! Thank you everyone for the great memories and know that we love you all!!!
xoxoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

late, but worth the wait. thanx.

paul

Abby said...

Dad is going to love that semi-truck pic. I'm printing it out for him.