Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pink Room Update

If you will recall, earlier in the week, we moved Sweeties crib into her new Pink room. We then emptied out all of her stuff from the old Green room where we placed the full bed. We did this to help Sydney realize that the Green room is no longer her room and to help her transition into the Pink room. Even though her crib is now in the room, she is choosing to sleep in the Big Girl bed, which is awesome; however, the first couple of nights at bedtime, she has been very upset and begs me to stay in her room or to sleep in my room. As a result, the first couple of nights I stayed with her for a few minutes and tickled her face. For the last three nights, she has been waking up several times throughout the night, screaming!! Needless to say, we have all been tired! Out of desperation, I decided I needed to get more creative...

So, I did the only logical thing I could think of...I called Tinkerbell and got the recipe to make magic fairy dust!!! When I informed Sydney of this, she was beside herself and very eager to make the magic fairy dust. So, we headed off to the craft store, got our supplies, came home and made the fairy dust and put it in a special small glass jar with a cork. We then took it to her room, cast the spell on it that Tinker told us we needed to do to make it magical, and then we found a very special place to keep it. Then, last night, after Sweetie got into her Big Girl bed, I sprinkled just a tiny bit of the magic fairy dust around her bed. I tucked her in and left her room. She eventually fell asleep without me there and guess what - only one scream last night!!! She woke up at 6:30ish (that's sleeping in to us). I could hear her tiptoe into our bedroom and climb into our bed and then she gave me a kiss to wake me up!! So sweet. Daddy told her that since she was so brave and slept so well that he was going to take her to a very special place today. This made her very happy. While I was working, Daddy took her to the splash pad for some water fun!! Let's hope tonight goes well too!!!

Side note to Mommy - don't sprinkle magic fairy dust over the top of the princess mesh awning over Sweeties bed...she woke up with glitter all over her head!!! Oopsie, didn't think it would get through the mesh!!! Oh well, Sweetie thought it was cool!!

No comments: