Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

The Joys of Pregnancy!!!

When all of my Minnesota girlfriends were busy having babies, I was too busy being single and didn't really pay attention to what they were going through as pregnant women. Sorry ladies!!!! Now, I have much more empathy for you all in regards to the "not so beautiful" aspects of being pregnant.
Let's start with the North Star, Little Dipper and Big Dipper that I now have on my forehead. What joy this brings to me each morning as I put my layers of make-up on! Oh yes, and those lovely dark circles under my eyes, do they ever go away? I knew I would be growing in my belly but what the heck are these love handles all about? Believe me, I have enough love in me to go around, I don't need these storage bins on my hips!!!!
And what the heck is going on with my breasts!!!! If they continue as they are, I am going to be falling forward. Anyone got an extra cane?? I suppose next my butt will grow to even out the weight of my breasts???
And lastly, what's up with this appetite? It's uncontrollable. There have been two occasions now where I have had to drag my butt out of bed in the middle of the night to eat. All the books say to eat veggies and fruits. Great, super, wonderful, and what's the fruit suppose to do - because is sure doesn't touch my appetite. I have had to give in and begin eating my "off limit" foods. Pasta, bagels, carbs., carbs., and more carbs. Oh boy!!!!
To all of my Minnesota gals, you rock!!!! I hope I can get through my pregnancy as gracefully as you all did!!!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I hope you don't go through your pregnancy as ungracefully as I did. HAHA! Glad to see your blog, you have readers in NC now too!

Laura (& Jon & Nate & Alex)