Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Sydney Updates

I've realized a spend a lot of time talking about sleep on my journal...this is because I am so sleep deprived!! I am going to try to stop doing that because it takes the focus away from all of the wonderful and beautiful experiences that I share with Sydney each day...

Sydney has the most beautiful blue eyes still. When I look down at her as I am feeding her and she catches my eyes, she stares at me with those big blue eyes and it just mesmerizes me. As this happens, I can actually feel joy spreading through my body..."this is my daughter!" It's very emotional for me.

And that smile of hers...I have the honor of seeing it from morning 'til night! She has even begun to giggle which makes the experience even that much more beautiful for us. I find myself doing the most goofiest things, at home and in public, just to see that smile. Talk about instant gratification!!!

Her favorite toy right now is "Luvy", a tag blankie that Laura & Jamie gave us. She goes nuts with this blankie and it actually calms her in the car. Speaking of, the car is not her favorite thing to do!!! Ear plugs would be nice! She also does not like her car seat, which is part of her stroller; therefore, walks in the stroller have not been an option for a few weeks. Thankfully, she does like the Baby Bjorn, so we are able to go for walks in it. All of our errands are also completed with the Baby Bjorn.

Sydney is a very active baby. She needs to be in constant motion and is not content with just sitting around. She always wants to be sitting or standing (with some assistance of course). She will tolerate tummy time as long as she has something to do! We still struggle some with nap time...she fights sleep. I have found that after some fussing in her swing, she will oftentimes fall asleep in it and then I take her out and hold her for the remainder of her nap. I have changed her bedtime so she now takes a shorter afternoon nap and then I start her bedtime routine earlier. It sucks for Greg because he doesn't get to see her anymore when he gets home from work; however, this new time gives me an hour or so of "me" time before going off to bed!

That's it for tonight ( I wrote this during my "me" time)! I am off to bed and hopefully, will only be up once throughout the night!

No comments: