Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, July 25, 2008

A Beautiful Day

I had an amazing day with my daughter today. Daddy is out of town with Jordan for soccer so it's just Sydney and I. I think today was one of my favorite days with Sydney. I feel like we bonded so much today.

After her morning nap, we ate and then went to the mall. We started our visit by interacting with the dogs at the pet store. Sydney was getting such a thrill watching the puppies play. At one point, she was laughing so loud that we drew a crowd. The worker took it up a notch and brought one of the puppies out. The puppy kept trying to crawl into Sydney's stroller. This made her laugh even harder - I seriously have never heard her laugh so hard. Everyone around the store was laughing by the time we were done. I felt so blessed to be in the moment with my daughter - laughing!

We then went to the play area. It was very hot today so the play area was packed. I decided to let Sydney join the fun and let her crawl and climb with the other kids. I was by her side the entire time because there were so many big kids running around. Sydney had no fear and was having a blast. She just couldn't get from A to B fast enough. It was sooo cute! When we finally left, Sydney threw a fit - not wanting to leave of course!!

We then went home, ate, and then she took another nap. After her nap, we did some rough housing on the floor. She was full of kisses and hugs!! Again, I just felt so in the moment with her and really had so much fun with her. Then, it happened...my little baby took her first two steps all by herself. I clapped, cried, and then called Daddy!! It's all happening so fast!!! Daddy wanted me to record her walking again...do you know how hard that is? Needless to say, she didn't end up doing it again. After a quick snack and after it cooled down some outside, I put Sydney in the jogging stroller and went for a run. We then came home and I put her in the tub...which she of course loves! I was pretending my hand was a fish and she laughed so hard - a big, loud, belly laugh - over and over. We both laughed so hard for a long time.

After her bath it was time for bed. She is beginning to wean herself off of the breast. She breast fed for just a bit and then I tickled her face lightly for a few minutes. I then put her into bed with her soft stuffed bear. She grabbed on to the bear and dozed off. What a perfect ending to a beautiful day. I am so lucky!

No comments: