Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom

As with every year since 2003, December 28th is always a little difficult for me. My Mom's birthday.

I always start my day by wishing her a quiet "Happy Birthday" and of course think of her all day. This year something special happened. I am not even sure if Greg caught it or not.

Although we both wake up when Sydney wakes up, Greg is usually the one who gets out of bed and gets her. She expects this and looks forward to it. On the days I get up and walk into her room, she looks past me like "Nice to see you BUT where is my Daddy?" and she precedes to look right past me to the door!

Sunday was no exception to our routine, Greg got up and went into her room to get her. She likes to tease and giggle with him in her crib for a short time before he picks her up. I love to listen in on this. Sunday, as I listed to them play and as I was quietly wishing my Mom Happy Birthday, I heard Sydney say "Hi Grandma" in her sweet high voice. It was so beautiful and very touching to me.

I think I have mentioned this before, that I have a picture in Sydney's room of my Mom and I from my wedding. It's been there since before she was even born. I want her to know her Grandmother and so we frequently look at the picture together. It was just so touching that Sydney said "Hi Grandma" at just the right moment. It was exactly what I needed to hear to feel like today was going to be OK.

We love you Mom and miss you so much.

Happy Birthday!

No comments: