Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Little Drama Queen

With our schedule being so crazy lately, Sydney and I have not been going to the gym as often. For awhile there, we were going to the gym/daycare 4-5 days a week. The last month we have only been going about 2-3 times a week. As a result, Sydney is not used to me dropping her off in the Daycare anymore so she has been very clingy and dramatic when I leave her in the daycare. It's funny because she is all excited to go when we are driving there and drags me in by the hand as we walk in but then when she sees everyone she gets shy and grabs me tightly. I will get her involved in an activity and then walk away. She cries and it breaks my heart - but she stops almost immediately and seems to be fine. I usually watch her for a few minutes on the video screen in the gym before I head up to do my workout. It's so sad but it's something I am going to stick with because not only does it benefit me but the socialization is also good for her.

Now that my toe has healed (after the 3rd surgery!!!) and allergies are under control for Sydney, we will be able to resume our gym/daycare schedule and get things back to normal.

Sydney amazed me again last night (as she does several times a day). We finished dinner and were in our quiet time mode before bath, watching Dragon Tails (she loves dragons). It had a very cute story line in regards to the social skill of helping. Midway into the story line, Sydney started talking about what was happening and getting very involved emotionally. She totally understood the the story line of the video and talked about it the whole time during her bath. I am just amazed at 20 months old that she can observe and understand the storyline of a video. That takes a lot of cognitive abilities!!!

She is doing much better with sleeping again. I put her to bed by 7:30pm and she is usually up around 6am - a little early for me but at least she is now sleeping thru the night!!

Ooops, gotta go - sweetie just woke up from her nap!!

No comments: