Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Fun Day for Sweetie

Sydney had such a fun day today and I was so proud to be her Mommy!!! We started out by going to a birthday party for a little boy from our Desert Ridge Playgroup. He turned 3 today. There were 4 other kids there and for the first time, Sydney initiated play with each one of them and wasn't so shy. It was so cute to watch. She went up to most of the kids and said, "I'm Sydney, how are you?" It was so cute and so unexpected as I didn't even ask her to introduce herself AND it was the first time I have ever heard her introduce herself by her name!!! The other Moms were astounded by her articulation as she spoke. She played and sang Happy Birthday and ate cake...all her favorites.

After the party, she took a long nap! After a snack, we went to the gym. We usually only go to the gym in the mornings, so this was a change for Sydney. We were very pleased when we saw that Miss Reyna was working and for the first time since the biting incident, Sydney didn't cling to me when we got there. Instead, she started playing almost immediately. After my workout, I went to pick her up and watched her play. She was interacting with some other boys her age and having a blast. We ended up staying for almost a half hour so she could continue playing and socializing. During this time, Miss Reyna talked about how much she loves Sydney and how smart she is. Miss Reyna then said that she babysits on weekend nights for a few of the families who attend daycare and that she would be happy to babysit Sydney if Greg and I ever wanted to go out and have some fun together. I thought that was very sweet!

We didn't get home until late from the gym and from the store. I quickly fed Sydney her dinner and cleaned her up. When I picked her up out of her highchair, she grabbed on tightly and hugged me and said, "Mommy, I want to go night-night!" Poor thing was exhausted!

Today I saw my daughter reach a major milestone...she has gained enough self-confidence to interact with the outside world without me initiating it first. She knew exactly how to introduce herself to others and how to initiate and share during play. Some people might overlook such an accomplishment by a 22 month old child...not me. As I tucked my Sweetie into bed tonight I told her how proud I was of her. She's my baby and will ALWAYS be my baby no matter how old she gets!!!

No comments: