Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Whew, what a whirlwind of a weekend...

On Sat., Jordan came over to spend some time with us (he is home for summer break). It is so awesome and rewarding to see Jordan and Sydney play together. She does not sit still for one second when he is around! All of us then went to our neighbors for tacos and cocktails - lots of fun!

On Sun., we had Aunt Peggy, Uncle Mike, Brian & Annie, Todd, Mary and their kids over for Greg's famous sauce and meatballs. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves, especially Sydney. She was in complete joy because her favorite person in the whole wide world was there, "Michael!" She said his name over and over the entire time and was at his side or on his lap almost the entire time. She LOVES him so much. In fact, in the middle of the night she cried out his name!! She also spent a lot of time with Aunt Peggy whom took her swimming! I was very thankful to have everyone there...Sydney is going through this phase lately where she wants very little to do with me when anyone else is around. I know its very normal but its so hard to be pushed away!! I hope Sydney and I have a relationship like my Mother and I did. I really didn't push my Mother away as I got older. Although, I went to daycare all day and didn't get to spend so much time with her.

We are definitely in the "terrible two's" stage! The temper tantrums have hit a whole new level of drama! She is definitely living up to the "Leo" characteristics! Although it can be quite frustrating when she is having a temper tantrum, it's hilarious when she decides she is done. She will be in a full blown tantrum, ranting and raving on the floor and in a blink of an eye she will stop, look up at us and announce very calmly, "I feel better now" and then move on as if nothing ever happened!!! All I can do at that point is just laugh.

Some other things she says now:
"It's okay Mommy" She says this if she thinks I am hurt or if I sneeze!
"Are you okay Mommy"
"I'll kiss it better"
She is constantly asking where "Michael" is
Seriously, at this point, you name it - she says it!!

Last night was very cute. We were getting her ready for bed. I went to give her a kiss as Daddy was holding her and was going to put her to bed. Sydney pushed me away and didn't want me to kiss her. She must of saw that I was sad because after I walked out of the room she started crying out for me. I went back in to her room and she put her arms out to me. We rocked and sang songs together. My favorite is when she sings "Rock a bye Baby" with me. Very cute!

She still doesn't usually sleep a full night without screaming out. Again though, she isn't usually awake when she screams out so we don't usually go in to her room. It would be nice though to get a full nights rest!!

No big plans for Father's Day yet. Jordan's club soccer team is at regionals right now in California and are doing very well. They have a good chance of winning which means they will be playing soccer over the weekend. Greg may end up going to watch the games. If so, he will not be home on Father's Day.

No comments: