Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 5, 2008

Closing a Special Chapter

Today was the first day of my daughters life that I did not breastfeed her all day. I am very torn by this tonight as I get ready for bed. Sydney did fine without her bed time feeding and went straight to bed as usual. I, on the other hand, am feeling a little empty. I am so proud of myself for breastfeeding her this long. I could have forced the bottle more and ended it all months ago, but I didn't. Now, I am not saying that women who don't breastfeed are doing something wrong - so don't get the wrong idea. What I am saying is that I am proud of the sacrifices that I have made over the last year, and looking back, I would definitely not change it. Breastfeeding was very difficult for me in the beginning but six months into the experience, I changed my attitude and learned to enjoy and look forward to our special time together. Now that it's over, I feel a void. I know it will get better and that we will find other ways to bond...but for now, I guess you could say that I am grieving a loss.

No comments: