Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, September 8, 2008

Weekend Updates

We had another nice weekend. We had more showings on the house and then yesterday afternoon, one thing led to another and we ended up having an impromptu pool party with our neighbors. Sydney had a blast in the pool with Daddy and was completely drained at bedtime. I didn't hear a peep out of her all night...and believe me, I was up ALL NIGHT so I would have heard her!

On Sat. evening when we took Sydney for her nightly walk, we saw 3 wild havoline's crossing the street in front of us from one side of the golf course to the other. We have seen many wild creatures in our wash but never wild pigs...it was pretty cool!

Sydney has transitiond so well from breastfeeding. It's almost like it didn't even phase her. I guess that means she was ready to be weaned. I, on the other hand, am still struggling a little. I have become pretty emotional every night at bedtime since we've weaned. It's silly, I know, but it's real emotion and I am working through it. This morning she was very cuddly with me during Sesame Street, so that really helped me feel close to her again. Hopefully, she continues to want to have this cuddle time with me.

I have an update on Jordan also, as many of you have asked me how he is doing. He seems to be adjusting well to his knew life. He has some pretty intense classes - and a pretty busy work load but I know he can handle it...he is very intelligent! Soccer is going well and he has already had some playing time - which is nice since he is a freshmen. It's quiet here without him. Everyday we show Sydney his picture on our desk and take Sydney in his room and say "Jo Jo"...her eyes perk up and she smiles as she looks for him. I am sad that they cannot spend more time together but I know that it will all work out and they will be close.

That's it for now. Have a good week everyone!

No comments: