Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Little Miss Personality

Our little one is definitely developing into her own little person with her own wants and dislikes. And boy, if she dislikes something, she will definitely let you know!!! She has began this new thing (well, actually, she has been doing it for some time now) where if she doesn't get what she wants, when she wants it, she drops to the ground and throws her head and body back. She has hurt herself a couple of times now by doing this. This morning, she was a little grumpy and she threw a toy in my direction because she was upset. At times, it's cute and funny, although, I NEVER let her see me laugh at it!!! Other times, it's concerning when she throws these little tantrums because she hits her head on things when she throws it back. It's also concerning because I realize it's only the beginning of many more tantrums to follow!!!

Yesterday, we had a little rain storm in the afternoon. We were bored so I took Sydney out into the back yard and we played in the rain. The wind started to pick up and we were both very wet, so I decided it was time to go back inside. Well, that isn't what little Sydney had in mind and she proceeded to throw a little tantrum on the living room floor. When she finally realized that I wasn't caving in, she came up to me and hugged me...very cute!

She is quite the little lover and often gives us hugs and kisses. She also gives many of her favorite toys "love" (hugs)! She has been doing well with night time sleeping. When she does wake up, she just plays a little and then falls back to sleep. She is completely weaned from breastfeeding and doesn't really seem to care. She still will not take much milk so I just keep offering it to her until eventually she will take it - just like she did with her water. And of course, she still loves to eat...anything!!

No comments: