Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Another Special Moment

Yes, yes, yes...last night Sydney only got up one time! This is huge! I cannot remember the last time she has done this. She went to bed at 7:30pm, woke up at 1:30am and went back to sleep until 7am. That's not to say I didn't wake up in between those times, as my body clock is used to, but at least I didn't have to get up and feed and rock her all night long!!! It will be even better when she does this again tonight, and the night after that, and the night after that...!!

Remember in my blog last week, before my Grandmother came, I stated how special it will be to see my Grandmother holding our daughter because I will never get to see my Mother do this. Well, it was very special. In fact, I had a very special moment that I wanted to share with you all.

My Grandmother arrived on Thursday and although it was a little chilly for Arizona, it was a very sunny day. My Grandmother is a very good golfer. At 83 years old, she still golfs once a week in Minnesota during the summer. Any ways, Thursday afternoon we were all standing out in our backyard on our putting green. Grandma was trying to practice putting but our dog Zoey kept scooping up the balls before they could get to the hole. Grandma thought this was so funny! As I watched Grandma laughing and putting, I took a quiet moment to just take everything in. I looked over at my Uncle Paul and my Great Aunt Donna and saw how happy they looked as they bathed in the warm sun. I looked at Sydney staring intently at Zoey, waiting for her to scoop up another golf ball. I then felt a sudden warmth go through my body. I could see my Mother looking down at us with a joyful smile, knowing we were all just where she wanted us to be, enjoying life and being with each other. I know you were with us at that moment Mom, I felt you!

I haven't shared that moment with anyone yet, you are the first to hear about it. I wanted to keep it to myself for awhile. I am sharing now because I realize it's just to beautiful to keep all to myself.

No comments: