Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, January 18, 2008

A Great Time

We had a wonderful visit with Grandma, GUP, and great aunt Donna (my Grandmother's sister). Although it was a very short visit, we were still able to cram in many laughs, story telling, strolls down memory lane, and of course lots of playing with Sydney.
Out little Sydney is becoming more precious each day. Watching her discover the world around her along with her own body and it's capabilities is priceless. She loves to watch her Baby Einstein movie and roll around on her back playing with her feet, blowing bubbles and gabbing away.
Today she did three things that made me laugh out loud. First, I was trying to get her to take a much needed afternoon nap. I fed her and then had her laying on my chest. She was really trying to fight the sleep and pulling out all of her usual tricks, but I was not going to give in. Then, she pulled a new one on me...out of the corner of my eyes I could see her looking up and staring at my face, just waiting for me to look down at her. I was determined to stay strong and not look down but temptation gave in and I took a peak. The moment she saw my eyes look down she let out a huge giggle and gave me one of those cheek to cheek gum smiles!! I, of course, couldn't help it and laughed with her. I did finally get her to calm down and we both took a much needed nap!

The other two funny things she did happened tonight during bath time. Out of all the baths she has taken, tonight was the first time she noticed the bath suds. She was amazed by these suds and how they seemed to bunch up on her belly. I had to keep repositioning her in the tub because she was determined to get her head down by her belly to get a really good look at the strange suds...very cute. Also in the tub, she discovered that she could make really big splashes by kicking her feet. She has kicked her feet in the tub before but not to this extreme. There was hardly any water left in the tub by the time we were finished. She did manage to tire herself out however; and fell asleep very quickly.

As I sit here and write this post, I feel excited (and tired)! In one day, Sydney discovered so much...and so many more discoveries await!

No comments: