Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Hit a Cord

It's always interesting to see what posts I will actually get a response from as it seems no one really responds anymore. I sometimes even think of ending my blog because I am not sure if anyone is really reading it anymore and it's extra work that I really don't seem to have time for right now.

My response yesterday hit a cord with someone, and I imagine it will hit a cord with many more. I guess I should remind everyone that in my post, I was comparing myself only. I didn't say in the post that all stay home moms work harder than out of the home working moms. In the post I was simply saying that I work harder right now and have less time right now than I did when I worked out of the home. My daughter is sooooo active and requires sooo much attention that I don't seem to get anything done. I don't get laundry done or any other house cleaning for that matter during the day. I do get some of it done in the morning before Greg leaves for work. Again, I need to remind you that Greg works 12 hour days Monday-Friday. I don't have extra help at night. I do it all by myself every night of the week. No one to help free me up to make dinner or help with feedings or help with baths or bedtime. I do it every night by myself. When she is in bed, then I clean, finish laundry, make dinner, clean up, and maybe, if I am lucky, I have time to read an article in a magazine.

Now, maybe I could do things differently with Sydney's nap times and I might be able to free up an hour or two during my day. But, when I lay Sydney down by herself for naps, she only sleeps 15-30 minutes if she even sleeps at all! And, since we are already going thru so much transition with the taking of the swaddle, teething, and stomach issues from solids, the change in naps have to wait. So, I just spent along time trying to explain that I don't have free time during my day either!

And weekends, what a pain they are! We spend all of our free time rushing trying to get our house immaculate because we have open houses almost every weekend. We need to sell our house ASAP since I am now a working mom who doesn't get a paycheck. Imagine that stress! On top of weekend open houses, we also have them during the week and the house needs to be ready to show at anytime. That's a lot of stress to place on one person. All of you know that babies are messy and require a lot of equipment which tends to mess a house quickly!

Everyone experiences a situation differently. What I might consider very difficult, the next person may think is easy, vice versa. So, while I understand why this hit a cord with some people, remember, this is my blog and I write about myself and my experiences freely. I would not intentially try to offend or upset anyone by writing down my thoughts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your journal. My husband and I are adopting and we are waiting on all that to happen. I can not have children, but I have found joy and comfort in your words.

Sarah said...

Wow, thank you for your comment. I didn't realize that my blog could bring comfort and joy to someone else. I wish you and your husband a speedy adoption and much joy to follow. There was a period of time when I thought I could not have a child also. I was devestated and even tried to convince myself that I didn't want a child. Didn't work of course! I know we would have adopted if I wasn't able to get pregnant. There are so many children just waiting for loving parents and I am grateful for couples like yourselves whom provide these innocent children the family that they deserve. Please let me know when your special day arrives.

Anonymous said...

Great story as for me. I'd like to read a bit more concerning that matter. Thanks for posting that material.

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.