Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Exciting Day

Something very exciting is going to happen today...my grandmother (my mother's mom) is coming to meet Sydney for the first time!!!! To see my grandma hold Sydney for the first time will be very emotional for us. I will never get to see my mother hold my daughter, a thought that often brings me sadness. To see my grandma hold our daughter may possibly fill some of that void. I know she is very excited also and I imagine she didn't get much sleep last night either due to the anticipation. My uncle Paul is driving over also so Sydney will get to see GUP again!

Sydney is full throttle in her teething stage. She was up twice again last night so I gave her some Tylenol. She is constantly pulling at her ears, drooling and biting. I think I can even see where the teeth may be coming in (bottom middle teeth). I feel so bad for her so I just try to keep her busy to occupy her mind. We have reintroduced solids again as she seems hungry a lot. Hopefully, her tummy will settle down some and she'll have an easy transition.

I think I mentioned that I bought her a Rainforest Jumperoo over the weekend. She absolutely loves it. We took it to Nana's the other day and Sydney was going nuts in it jumping around. Nana and me were laughing so hard it brought tears to our eyes! I brought it upstairs yesterday while I was taking a shower. I put Sydney in it in front of the mirror so she could watch herself. I can see her while I shower. I was laughing hysterically in the shower watching her watch herself jumping. She was smiling and making the funniest faces! What a treat to see her have so much fun. Watching her brought me so much joy that I had goosebumps! I have learned that I cannot leave her in it too long because it gets her way too excited!

I will try to get pictures up after grandma's visit.

No comments: