Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Updates

I know I will regret saying this someday; however, I am so happy now that Sydney has gained some independence and can entertain her self some. I feel like some of my sanity has been regained. I realize this is only short term! She is so active that I know I am in trouble once she can crawl and walk!

I always thought that I would be one of those parents that wouldn't let my kid watch TV for awhile...YA RIGHT!! Sydney's favorite thing to do right now is to be in her Jumper watching Baby Einsteins Baby's First Moves! She goes crazy and is able to be active and learn at the same time. You should see how she focuses on the babies crawling and walking! And when the puppets come on the screen she gets this huge smile on her face and jumps and jumps!! I get tired just watching her. Of course, I cannot leave her in the Jumper for too long or she gets way over stimulated.

The last couple of days I have been trying to work on her rolling more. She does great rolling from side to side but just doesn't seem too interested in rolling from front to back. We have also been working on nap times. She still does her morning nap with me but her afternoon nap has been in her swing listening to music. She takes awhile to go to sleep but will usually sleep for an hour once she is out.

Last night was a tough one. She went to bed at 7:30pm but was up at 10 and again a couple more times until around 12pm. Each of those times, Greg rocked her back to sleep - no feeding. She was then up again at 2am, I think! I fed her and rocked her but once I put her in her crib, she decided she was wide awake and wasn't going back to sleep. I don't want her to get in the habit of thinking we are going to rock her to sleep all night long, so I left her crying in her crib. Greg checked in on her a few minutes later and she was still crying so he rocked her for a few minutes and put her back in her crib. I lose track of time at this point but lets just say that we really didn't sleep last night. At 3am we just let her cry herself to sleep. It was soooo hard to do but there was nothing wrong with her and we all needed sleep! I feel like I am a good Mommy and have the hang of most things but I am horrible with this night stuff! I need my sleep!

We will definitely be focusing on naps today!!

No comments: