Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day

Growing up, I loved Valentines Day. I was always so excited to buy my themed boxed Valentines day cards, pick out just the right card for the right person, and put a really cool piece of candy in the little white envelop. In school, the day before Valentines day, we all had to make crafty baskets to hold the valentines we would get from our classmates the next day. Everyone anticipated the last period of the day when we would pass out our cards and then open the ones given to us. Everyone was so excited to see what card they would get from the boy or girl they secretly had a crush on. And of course, we would eat all of our candy and go home to our parents on a sugar high.

The other reason why I always loved Valentines Day was because of my Mom. From the time I was a child until the year she died, she never forgot me on Valentines Day. She always picked out the perfect card and always sent along a little treat or a keepsake. Today, my heart is a little broken as another Valentines Day goes by without my Mom.

And then, I am once again lifted because this time next year, I will be celebrating my first Valentines Day with my child. And you can darn well bet that no matter how young or old my child is, she/he will always get a perfect Valentines Day card and gift from Mommy.

Happy Valentines Day to you all!!

No comments: