Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Holy Indigestion!!

Up until recently, I have been fairly lucky when it comes to stomach issues. I have never experienced such things as heartburn or indigestion... until today! I woke up this morning and felt this horrible pressure in the top of my stomach and panicked. "Now what" is all that kept going through my mind. With Greg's help and the help of my pregnancy books we finally figured out that it was indigestion. So, my wonderful husband got out of bed and got dressed and went to the store to get me some antacids. After taking a few I felt relief with in a half hour.

On top of the indigestion, I am also having a lot of trouble sleeping at night. I just cannot get comfortable!! I am a back sleeper, and of course, I am no longer allowed to sleep on my back. I wake up several times throughout the night because my hips hurt from laying on them. We have tried pillows and a foam pad and still, no relief. Any suggestions from all of you mom's out there? Is there some sort of magic pillow that I am unaware of?

2 comments:

LauraC said...

You are allowed to sleep on your back until it is uncomfortable for you... you will know when it is too uncomfortable!

A pillow between the knees/legs helps the hips. You want your knees, hips and ankles to be parallel. Boppy makes a body pillow for expectant mothers:

/www.amazon.com/Boppy-24-7-Body-Pillow/dp/B000MM2NEM/sr=8-15/qid=1172429449/ref=sr_1_15/105-8891937-3900417?ie=UTF8&s=hpc

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks