Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hormone Road Rage

Rush hour traffic and pregnancy hormones definitely do not go together!!!

As most of you know, I have about a 45 minute commute to work. Even worse, this drive takes place on the interstate 101 - known for a lot of traffic and many accidents. Between rubber-neckers and idiots who drive in the FAST lane going 60 miles per hour, my patients are often pushed to the limit. Prior to pregnancy, I was able to manage this drive without verbalizing my frustrations...not so since my pregnancy hormones have taken over my body! It's terrible, the things that come out of my mouth!! And then of course, within minutes of saying it, I feel terrible guilt. By the time I get to work I am exhausted from the emotional roller coaster of a ride. They need to come up with one of those signs like "Baby on board" but instead it could say something like "Pregnant hormone-raging women on board."

I read an article last week which said the baby can begin distinguishing sounds in the 5th month. That means I have almost a month to prepare and to do some relaxation work. I don't want my baby to be born with road rage!!

Yesterday was a pretty tough day. I still get my headaches and yesterday was a bad one. Nothing seemed to help and I had to work my 10 hour shift. Today is a much better day! I am starting to get past the point of people questioning "is she just getting chubby or is she pregnant." I will get another picture on the blog this weekend.

No comments: