Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Crazy Dreams

The birthday party went well over the weekend. My mother-in law and her sisters pretty much handled the whole event - they are so awesome!! We got some great pictures which I will put on my blog tomorrow, my day off work.

As you all know, because this is my first time being pregnant, I am constantly reading up on what to expect during pregnancy. Recently, I read that during this stage it is very common to begin having crazy "baby dreams". Boy, are "they" right! Monday night I had a dream that I had a baby (I didn't actually dream about the labor part) and that I kept dropping my baby!!! I woke up horrified! As some of you know, that is one of my worst fears because I just haven't been around babies much. Then last night, I had a dream where I actually was in labor - and what a strange labor it was (I will spare you the disgusting details)! The worst part was that in my dream the baby was born dead and did not look much like a baby! I was beyond horrified and woke myself up - around 5am. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep after that!

Ironically, one of my customers came in this morning with her 9 week old baby girl and we discussed pregnancy dreams (among many other things) and she said she experienced the same type of dreams. As a therapist, I am very aware of how our deepest fears can play out in our dreams - that doesn't mean I have to like it!!

No comments: