Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Breathtaking Moments

Two really cool things happened last night and today so I wanted to share them with you all.

A friend told me to drink a little caffeine before going into my ultrasound so the baby would be active. She said she was told that this activity would help the sonogram tech. get better angles in determining the sex of the baby. I also read about this on the Internet on a pregnancy chat site. So, I had less than half a cup of coffee. Now, keep in mind, I haven't had any caffeine since the beginning of November. Not only did the caffeine buzz me up but it made the baby very active - all day! The cool part about this is that last night when Greg got home from work, I had him place his hand on top of where I felt her moving all day and he actually felt a little jab in my belly. It was very cool for daddy to be able to feel his little girl for the first time!

The second cool thing happened today at work. When I first found out I was pregnant, I bought a journal for expectant mothers. In it, I write letters to our daughter (it feels so good to say that) about my pregnancy, thoughts, and dreams. So, this morning I was writing to her about my mother and the moment I started doing this, a song started playing on the radio. It's a song that was very special to my mother and I. I dedicated it to her when I was still in high school and it has always been very dear to both of us. It's called "Wind Beneath my Wings". Today, when the song came on, every hair on my body arose and I could feel my mother all around me. She was with me during that very moment as I was writing a letter to my little girl explaining to her why her middle name was going to be Cathleen, my mother's name. Thank you mom for that wonderful moment.

No comments: