Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, May 21, 2007

Baby Shower Update

Ooofta, is it me or is time just flying by??? Good thing I don't work as many days right now because there is just so much to get done. I have been busy scheduling appointments in preparation for Sydney. We have also been busy scheduling appointments to get projects completed around the house so we can get it on the market in June. We painted Sydney's room on Sat. We used Harmony paint by Sherman Williams - it has no VOC - no fumes what so ever!! We painted it a beautiful green. Our friends Tahra and Jeff gave us their white crib. It looks awesome in the green room. I am now in the process of finding some bedding with a dragonfly theme.

I was up at 4am this morning until at least 5am, worrying about everything that needs to be done, so today will be a long day at work. I was able to coordinate with Cindy (our friend whom is hosting a baby shower for us) in regards to a day for our baby shower. Several people have emailed me in regards to when I would be having a baby shower and where I am registered. I know, I know, I have been dragging my feet on this one, but I just feel so weird having someone throw a baby shower for us! Silly, isn't it?? So, Cindy and Bennett are hosting a couple's party for us on June 23rd. It will be an early evening get-together, with food and wine/beer, and good conversation. We are registered at Babies R Us in the store or online. My registry changes weekly as I figure out things that we will need - sorry, I am new at this and the more things I read the more educated I become on items we need/don't need. I am having Cindy send out invitations to people who live here because I don't want people from out of town to feel like they have to come all this way for one night. So, if you don't get an invitation, please don't be hurt - if you want to come, you are all welcomed!! I hope this answers every one's questions about the baby shower. If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to call me or email me.

I am feeling great and Sydney is as active as ever! We both still get a kick out of the way we can see her moving around all over in my belly. She is getting much stronger now so sometimes it can be quite uncomfortable when she really gets going! Last night, once it cooled down and before dark time, Greg and I sat out by our pool with a refreshing drink. His of course was a cold beer, mine was a mixture of organic cranberry juice with some giner ale. After my first couple of drinks, Sydney went nuts inside my belly. Greg and I both laughed as we watched her rocking and rolling!! Greg things she is going to be a handful as she grows!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm not sure I've not been here before? Your pregnancy blog looks kinda familiar.... I like the ultrasound. Like most of them, it could be a picture of a parsnip in a shopping bag - well I wouldn't know any different! ... Baby showers..! Now they did not have them when I was a baby. They're a new American thing. Excellent way of getting all the stuff you want though!
ANYway... I was just passing and thought I'd say hi. I pressed "next blog..." and up your popped. I'm a blogger too. My main one's called
http://gledwood2.blogspot.com
that is my online journal. I also have 2 new video blogs. You're welcome to drop by if you like. See you there maybe!
All the best to you
from
Gledwood "Vol 2"