Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

No Sugar Coating Here!

Okay ladies, why is it that when women, whom have already done the pregnancy and childbirth thing, talk about their pregnancy/birthing experience, they seem to leave out certain things?? I told myself when I started this blog that I was going to be upfront and honest - no sugar coating! This may be difficult for you conservatives out there but here it goes.... Why didn't anyone tell me about the whole constipation thing in the third trimester? Okay, I guess I can kind of understand that most people are not comfortable talking about bowel movements, or in this case, lack of, but seriously... what the heck is going on with my body!!! I am soooooo sick of eating fiber. In fact, I think I might soon turn into a bran flake!! And now I am told I may have to break down and buy a stool softener...can we say YUCKY!!!!

Will my body EVER go back to normal???

2 comments:

LauraC said...

It happens because your GI track is so squished and your GI track slows to absorb as many nutrients out as possible. Stool softeners and Tucks pads are your new best friends.

Just wait until that first post-delivery BM. So painful!!!

Sarah said...

Yayyyy!!! I can't wait!!