Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 5, 2007

Doctor's Appointment Update

We had our doctors appointment yesterday. Everything went fine. Sydney was kicking and hiding from the nurse as she was trying to get her heart rate. The nurse got a good laugh out of this. When I told the doctor how active Sydney is and that we can see and feel her all of the time, the doctors response was, "Already?"

All we did was the glucose blood test and stomach measurements. I am very concerned about my weight at this point. I gained more than the recommended one pound per week. We know it's because of 2 reasons. First, I was very lean when I got pregnant and didn't gain too much weight during the first trimester. Second, I haven't been able to do my exercising; therefore, my metabolism has mostly shut down. This causes many mixed emotions for me - mostly guilt! I feel like I am being extremely selfish because I am so worried about my weight. Greg and the doctor reminded me again that with my willpower and determination, the weight will come off quickly once I have the baby. And I am sure it will. It's just so hard for me to see all of my hard work go down the tube. I was literally 25-30 pounds heavier when I moved to Arizona several years ago and it really took so much for me to lose all of that weight and to keep it off. It's just heart breaking for me to see it all being put back on. See what I mean, even as I read these last few lines, I feel like a horrible selfish person. I should be more focused on my baby than on my weight! What is wrong with me!!!

To all of you moms out there, did you all experience any of these feelings? Also, did you have days where you just felt so emotional that you found yourself angry or crying over nothing? Man, it's times like this that are particularly hard to not have my mom to talk to. It's days like these I pray I could hear her voice just one more time. Please share some of your experiences with me so I don't feel like I am failing at this pregnancy thing!!

My next ultra sound is in two weeks. At this time we will be able to determine if my marginal previa has changed. If it has, this means the risk of additional bleeding will no longer be an issue and I can begin doing all of the things that women with normal pregnancies can do. I am trying to stay positive that this will be our result but I would appreciate prayers! Now I am off to take my dogs for a walk and to soak in some of the beautiful morning we have today. Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments: