Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 10, 2007

Turning Point

I feel like I have spent a lot of my time on this blog complaining about all of my pregnancy symptoms and less time on all of my pregnancy hopes and dreams. One reason for this is because I have a journal that I keep for Sydney in which I write her letters of all of my hopes and dreams for her and for our relationship as she grows. I love writing in this journal! With my mother dying at such a young age, there were so many questions that I didn't get to ask her. I feel like there was so much about my mother that I didn't get to know. That is why I started this journal for my daughter. I want her to know who I was before she was born and I want her to know how much she was loved before she was even born.

Speaking of mothers... since my mom died 3 1/2 years ago, Mother's Day has been a sad day for me. Greg and I started a tradition our first Mother's Day without her. Every Mother's Day we get a bunch of balloons and I write a letter and we send them off to her in heaven. It just helps somehow.

This year will be a turning point in my life. I will be a mommy! From here on out, instead of Mother's Day being a day of grief, it will now be a day of celebration! I am very grateful and cannot wait for Sydney to be a participant in our Mother's Day tradition of sending balloons to grandma.

No comments: